This is a logo animation I made for Spiral Game Studios. I used RayFire to fragment the geometry and to animate everything in combination with particle flow. Rendered with Vray and composed with After Effects. Awesome sound design by Curtis Churn from Spiral. The concept of the animation is representing an event similar to big bang, a start of something new and big and it all gravitates and revolves around Spiral.
This is a logo animation I made for Spiral, for our new upcoming game Orion: Dino Beatdown. Everything here was created inside After Effects. Awesome sound design by Curtis Churn from Spiral.
Above are only some of more than 80 unique in-game particle systems I created for Orion: Dino Beatdown so far. This was the first time I had a chance to venture into the world of game VFX and I must say I found the whole process of creation very interesting and fulfilling. With a lot of cinematic VFX experience it was also easy enough to jump on board as the whole process felt very familiar, from texture creation to working with particle systems.
Here’s the announcement trailer of our upcoming game Orion: Dino Beatdown. Check it out!
Above you can see 2 teaser images from a big personal project I’m currently busy with among other things. Although a lot of work is already completed unfortunately I can’t show more just yet. Click on the pictures above to open a biger version.
And lastly here is some work I completed a while ago, just haven’t had a chance to show it yet. In this project I was tasked with creation of a character for promotional purposes. I was given concept art and I modeled, textured, rigged and posed this little guy. Some of the poses are a bit weird like that, because later on graphic designers equipped him with various objects for promotion. Click on the picture above to open a biger version.
Here’s the latest project I did at work. This animation is showcasing an industrial sanding machine for a company called Gostol TST. I was given Pro Engineer files of the machine which I had to clean up, rig and prepare for animation. I worked very closely with art director Dejan Suc, who directed the project and designed all of the 2d elements which I then animated in After Effects. I was also responsible for all the 3d work – scene and material setup, lightning, rigging, all the animation, rendering and compositing. It took about 170 hours over the period of 2 months to get everything done.
The final animation is 5 minutes long and pretty big even when compressed so I provided a few links for you to chose from depending on your connection speeds:
Here’s a new vfx shot I’ve been working on for quite some time. RayFire was used for rigid body dynamics, particle flow for additional debris and fire embers and fumefx for all the fire and smoke. There are also some stock footage elements in there. I did all the compositing in After Effects.
This is a short FX shot I made during the past week in my spare time. It took me about 8-10 hours for the whole thing without counting the render times which were pretty high. I was thinking of doing a tutorial on this type of simple FX shot sometime in the future.
Here’s the final FX shot of the pyro workshop. It could still use a lot more love but I’m calling it finished for the time being. I used RayFire for rigid body dynamics, FumeFX for all the fluid simulations and particle flow for the fire embers.
I’m not sure how these 3 concrete blocks came to the middle of the desert. A mortar blast should take care of that problem! This shot was created within a few days for the pyro workshop. I used fumefx, krakatoa and particle flow extensively to achieve this effect.
This week we started looking at explosions. This is what I came up with. I’m using 3 different FumeFX containers for the whole effect.
Here’s the result of the second week of the FumeFx workshop. I used FumeFx for gaseous fluid dynamics nad thinking particles for rigid body dynamics, rendered with Vray composited in After Effects.
A big scale explosion created with FumeFx and particle flow. Turn on your speakers!
This is a scene visualisation project I did some time ago but haven’t really had a chance to post it yet. In this project I was given autocad files of the scenes you see above, so please note that I didn’t model or design anything myself. My work involved scene and material setup, lightning, rendering and compositing. The final product of this project was a catalog for a furniture design fair, as you can tell from the vibrant colors and design itself the catalog advertises bedroom furniture for children. I may be able to post the actual catolog at a later time if I get all the necessary files. Also note that the pictures above are raw resized renders which were later cropped and composited into the catalog by a designer.
Click on the pictures above to open a biger version in a separate window.